You’re expecting a delivery and you need the Aramex WhatsApp number to make an enquiry about it.
So, what are these contact details and how useful is it?
Let’s take a look…
Aramex WhatsApp Contact Numbers
- The Aramex WhatsApp AI chatbot service is available in the Middle East (free of charge) via this link.
- You can also opt-in to the Aramex WhatsApp chatbot here.
- The Aramex WhatsApp number is: +97145031111 (Text “hi” to this number to start the conversation)
- A Customer Services WhatsApp Number is +920035200.
Aramex WhatsApp Chatbot Guide
So what will you encounter if you use the +97145031111 Aramex WhatsApp number?
As I write, the WhatsApp Business Bot developed by Arabot for Aramex has been operational since October 2018 and has successfully processed 50% of the shipment inquiries that are made through the interface.
This chatbot solution has effectively served over 8 million customers and is able to provide assistance instantly in three languages; English, Arabic, and Turkish.
- Related Content: Does Aramex Deliver on Weekends?
How Does the Aramex WhatsApp Chatbot Assist Customers?
Aramex’s chatbot enables customers to track their shipment deliveries by entering their tracking number into the chat interface.
After doing this, you will be able to access a range of shipment-related information including the user’s name, shipper details, shipment date, and description, as well as the delivery location.
In other words, this is another form of account access.
In addition to tracking shipments at various stages of their journey, the Aramex Bot will provide you with information about delivery times, arranging shipment returns, and the location of Aramex branches within a 200-kilometer radius.
However, if you have a complaint or a specific query, you will only be given cut-and-paste FAQ answers before the inevitable hold while you are forwarded to a human representative.
- Related Content: How Long Does Aramex Take to Deliver? (Domestic & International)
Areas Supported by the Aramex WhatsApp Chatbot Service
Unfortunately, the WhatsApp Chatbot is only available for Aramex customers based in the Middle East.
This includes the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and the following cities and districts: Riyadh, Mecca, Medina, Dammam, Abha, Tabuk, Al-Baha, Hail, Arar, Sakaka, Qurayyat, Rafha, Jizan, (and the provinces and villages associated with these areas).
Aramex WhatsApp Details in Other Countries
Although the Chatbot is only currently available in the middle east, Aramex does provide Whatsapp contact details in other regions in which it operates.
Australia WhatsApp Contact
1. Download WhatsApp on your phone
2. Scan the QR code using your phone’s camera
3. Send a message to chat with the Aramex customer service team
- Related Content: Shipment Still not Received by Aramex – Meaning
Aramex Contact Numbers Other Than WhatsApp (Aramex Toll-Free Numbers)
- Aramex Toll-Free Number Riyadh: 966570698356
- Aramex Toll-Free Number Makkah : 966530737324
- Aramex Jeddah Number: 966126520088
- Aramex Sulaymaniyah Number: 00966014160353
- Aramex Al-Jouf Number: 0096646252966
For Aramex Customer Support on the Website, head here.
I’m a 25 year veteran of USPS. I’m retired now, but as the editor of Mailbox Master, I can’t quite remove myself from the carrier industry just yet. 🙂